Easy to install, high-yield toner cartridge
is available for low cost output
Produce professional two-sided documents with automatic duplex printing
Compact Laser All-in-One with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing
The MFC-7860DW is a great addition to any small office or home office. Delivering fast print and copy speeds while producing professional-quality output, this compact, yet powerful, machine is ideal for producing the everyday documents that make up the output of today's busy office. Built-in wireless networking allows you to conveniently place it in your work environment and share it with multiple users. In addition, the MFC-7860DW offers a built-in duplex printing capability for producing two-sided output with ease.
- Prints and copies up to 27ppm
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution
- Wireless 802.11 b/g, Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal size paper
- 35-page capacity auto document feeder
- High-quality color scanning up to 19200 dpi (int.)
- Supports a variety of "scan to" features including: e-mail, file, image, OCR, and FTP
- 33.6K bps Super G3 fax modem
- Works with Brother iPrint & Scan free downloadable app
- 32 MB memory, stores up to 500 pages9
- Toner Save mode for less critical business documents
- PC Fax software for sending faxes from your computer
- Manual feed slot
Exceptional Performance and Image Quality
Enjoy the convenience of producing high-quality output right from your desktop or small office. With print and copy speeds of up to 27ppm, you can stop wasting time and move on to other important tasks. Print high-quality output at up to 2400 x 600 dpi for professional reports, spreadsheets, correspondence or other important business documents. Use the automatic duplex printing feature to create professional two-sided documents, brochures and booklets. This feature helps you save paper and reduce costs by cutting paper usage in half. Plus, when copying and faxing, you can produce two-sided output from one-sided originals.
Share with others on your wireless 802.11b/g or wired network for printing, scanning and PC faxing5 or connect locally to a single user via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. Users with wireless access points that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup or AOSS can automatically configure their wireless settings by simply pressing a button on their router.
The MFC-7860DW is compatible with Brother iPrint & Scan, a FREE printing app that enables you to print (JPEG, PDF or web pages) from and scan to your Apple, Android or Windows Phone 7 (JPEG only, scanning not available) mobile device on your wireless network. It is also compatible with Cortado Workplace*, a FREE printing app that enables you to store and wirelessly print common file formats from your Apple, Android, or Blackberry mobile device.
Advanced Scanning Capabilities
The MFC-7860DW offers document scanning with up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated) scanning resolution, and features management solutions to easily share, archive or edit your paper-based documents electronically. Scan multi-page documents using the 35-page capacity auto document feeder or use the document glass for bound materials or up to letter-size documents.
With the MFC-7860DW, you can create high-quality color scans in a variety of file formats including: PDF, JPG, TIFF, and more. It also offers a wide range of scanning options including: e-mail, file, image, and OCR. You can also scan documents directly to a FTP server or e-mail scanned documents directly to your e-mail server8. The MFC-7860DW includes both TWAIN and WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) scanner drivers and Nuance PaperPort SE with OCR for Windows and Presto! PageManager with OCR for Mac for greater flexibility.
Low Cost of Ownership
In addition to being affordable to purchase, the MFC-7860DW uses both standard and high-yield replacement toner cartridges. Using the high-yield 2,600-page2 toner cartridge (TN-450) can help lower your operating costs. You also can help save money by using Toner Save Mode for your less critical business documents, and PC Fax to send and receive faxes directly from your computer without having to print them6.
- Print Technology: Electrophotographic Laser
- Time to First Page: < 8.5 seconds
- Automatic Duplex Printing: Yes
- Printer Emulations: GDI, PCL6, BR-Script3±
- Standard Interfaces: Wireless 802.11 b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Windows Compatibility: Windows 7 / Windows Vista / XP / XP Professional x64 / 2000 / Server 2003 / 2008
- Mac Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
- Best Transmit Speed: Approx. 2.5 seconds (per page)9
- Stand-Alone Faxing: Yes
- Broadcasting (# of locations): Up to 258
- Quick Scan: Approx. 2.5 seconds (per page)9
- Fax Forwarding / Paging: Yes / Yes
- One Touch / Speed Dials: 8 / 200
- Dual Access: Yes
- Stand-Alone Copying: Yes
- Copy Speed (maximum): 27 cpm black
- Copy Resolution (maximum): 600 x 600 dpi
- Multi-Copying: Yes (up to 99)
- Sort: Yes
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400% in 1% increments
- ID Copy: Yes
- Document Glass Size: Letter
- Color and B/W Scanning: Yes
- Scanning Profile Sets: Yes
- Network Compatibility: TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6), Apple Simple Network Configuration
- Network Functionality: Print, Scan, and PC Fax6
- PC Fax Software: Yes6
- Display (LCD): Two lines, 16 characters with backlit
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9 inches x 15.7 inches x 12.4 inches
- Carton Dimensions: 20.7 inches x 20.1 inches x 19.4 inches
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 25.6 lbs. / 32.6 lbs.
|Maximum Print Speed||24ppm||27ppm||27ppm||38ppm||40ppm||42ppm|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Memory (standard / maximum)||16 MB / 16 MB||32 MB / 32 MB||32 MB / 32 MB||64 MB / 320 MB±||64 MB / 320 MB±||128 MB / 384 MB±|
|Input Paper Capacity (standard / maximum)||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 750 sheets±||250 sheets / 750 sheets±|
|Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (maximum pages)||Single-sheet||Single-sheet||Single-sheet||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets|
|ADF Capacity (maximum pages)||35||35||35||35||50||50|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic Duplex Scanning||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Document Glass Size||Letter||Letter||Letter||Letter||Legal||Legal|
|Modem Speed (maximum)||14.4K bps||14.4K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps|
|Mobile Device Compatibility3||Cortado Workplace||Cortado Workplace||Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct|
|LCD Display||Two-line||Two-line||Backlit, two-line||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line|
|USB Direct Interface||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Replacement Toner Yields± (approx.)||1,200 or 2,6002||1,200 or 2,6002||1,200 or 2,6002||3,000 or 8,0002||3,000 or 8,0002||3,000 or 8,0002|
*Requires wireless network connection.
± Additional purchase required
1. Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper
2. Approx. yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4). Requires additional purchase.
3. Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
4. Based on ITU-T test chart at standard resolution with MMR coding
5. See system requirements chart on www.brother.com
6. Windows OS only for PC Fax Receive
7. Black and white only, PC Fax receive not available for Mac OS
8. Download from http://solutions.brother.com. Requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support.
9. Based on ITU-T test chart at standard resolution with JBIG coding
The MFC-7860DW is a laser all-in-one ideal for small offices or home offices. It produces fast, high-quality monochrome laser printing and copying at up to 27ppm, as well as color scanning and high-speed faxing into one space-saving design. It also offers automatic duplex for producing for two-sided output and built-in wireless and Ethernet interfaces for sharing with others on your network.The MFC-7860DW provides flexible paper handling via an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity tray and a manual by-pass slot for printing thicker media. A 35-page capacity automatic document feeder allows you to copy, scan or fax multi-page documents quickly and easily. Additionally, it offers a high-yield 2,600-page replacement toner cartridge to help lower operating costs.What's in the box: Brother MFC-7860DW All-In-One B/W Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex, Starter Toner Cartridge, DR420 Drum Unit, AC Power Cord, Telephone Line Cord, Installation CD-ROM, Quick Setup Guide, Basic User's Guide and 1-Year Limited Warranty.